Thursday, September 29, 2011

Valerie the Loafer

The work on the Lil Loafer, Valerie, is coming along. King James worked and figured out how to replace the dry rot and inside wall. Now we move to the other side. In the meantime, I have taken off the front wood and had to remove the bed frame. I also am working on the door, polished it and am painting it with brown chalkboard paint on the inside. I bought a buffer and tried it out. Lesson one..don't get it close to any rough edges. I totally ripped off the "bonnet" getting it caught on a screw hole, oops. Lesson over until I buy a new bonnet. I hope there aren't anymore costly lessons. I am also working on the windows, polishing them and getting the silicone off. Then they go to the glass house for new glass pieces...I hope. Cleaned up the tongue and primed that. Will work on the wheels next. And King James brought in the seat for me to start working on. The cats seem to really like it. They were thinking, "why hasn't anyone done this before, put a huge cushion on the floor for us" Cats are such finicky subjects. I can't wait until it's time to put her all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment